Thursday 26 June 2014

Frozen's hidden gay agenda

I have seen various comments online about how dangerous, immoral or gay Frozen is. Needless to say, I loved the movie-specially for smashing the majority of Disney's fantasies (You can't marry a man you just met) , and I couldn't think why someone might not like it. So I looked it up, and found this post : http://wellbehavedmormonwoman.blogspot.in/2014/02/movie-frozen-gay-homosexual-agenda.html#.U6wMiZSSz78
As this post is essentially a reply to the above linked one, I suggest reading it first.


"I wrote the main body of this post nearly three months ago, after I watched Frozen, with most of my grandchildren. Since then, I've had a few discussions with friends and family about the movie, prior to deciding to publish it, with little support for my findings. That, and watching Frozen receive more and more accolades, including many from trusted resources, and observing the ongoing rise in the movie's popularity, without significant challenge. "

Keyword here is trusted.

"The fact is, that not one of us would allow a person, contrary to our values, to come into our homes and teach our family"

Agreed, on that point,

"many of the principles advocated in the movie Frozen - such as rebellion/disobedience - as good. Yet, when the same element cunningly creates a medium within to share the same doctrine, which intensely overwhelms the senses, we are blinded - and rather than put on glasses, we allow ourselves to be mesmerized by the overall experience - focusing only on the good that we see, or perceive, highlighted for our viewing pleasure."

Would you say the same about entertainment that glorifies the "good vs. evil struggle" found in many religions, or entertainment involving god or even promoting religion as a positive thing, that we atheists don't want coming into our houses? What about people going door to door preaching?

"However, as light and dark, or fear and faith cannot exist in the same space, good and evil do, here in mortality."

Fear and faith do exist in the same space. For example, "All sinners go to hell, so you must not sin." It's amusing that one can draw examples that contradict what religious people say from their own holy books.

"Therefore, we must be wise - especially parents. When good is used to advance evil, we must reject it and state why, if we desire to be light."

How can good be used to advance evil when both are so distinct?
"Entertainment, with all of its mediums, has more power than just about anything else to effectively indoctrinate and influence society, negatively, and among the most vulnerable of its victims are children. "

Agreed.

"To Christian parents, who don't support the legalization of SSM, or the normalization of same-sex sexual behavior, oppositional to God, I feel strongly that we must become more aware of how liberal media advocate these messages. It is often accomplished through infiltrating mainstream channels with the specific attitudes and ideologies necessary to advance these practices, as progressive, within mainstream society."

And, there goes the G-word. This author has successfully alienated anyone who isn't a Christian from her point, ensuring that even if they're against same sex marriage they'll reject her ideas. For that matter, I'm firmly in the "For SSM" category.

"If you feel you've been duped by the surface story of the movie Frozen, try not to feel too bad. The way in which Frozen wraps up the false doctrine perpetuated throughout the film, is as skillfully done as I have ever seen it, which makes calling it out and not being labeled crazy difficult. Nevertheless, after months of vacillating over whether I wanted to share my thoughts, broadly, with a bit of encouragement from only one friend, I've finally decided to just do it, regardless of the high approval ratings for the movie, which most are insistent to retain."

Wait a minute- duped? I saw the same things you did, and I wholeheartedly agree with them.


"The process of normalizing homosexual behavior in society is going to require more than the liberal media saying it is so - which they do all the time - or activist judges legalizing same-sex marriage in one state after another. It's going to require the indoctrination of our children, in order to lead their generation to the next, necessary, level of mainstream social acceptance."

Really ironic that a religious person is talking about indoctrination. "Indoctrination implies a force of a particular perspective or opinion without question or alternative. Most people would say that we are not indoctrinated to believe that 2+2=4, even though it’s undoubtedly rare that math teachers explicitly encourage students toquestion it, or entertain alternative points of view. But that is because 2+2=4 is considered by most to be a fact, not an opinion.  The term indoctrination is used when the thing being taught is an opinion, but it is nonetheless being taught in the same manner as one teaches something like 2+2=4: as a raw fact, unquestionable, and without doubt."

This one came from http://gregstevens.name/2012/07/05/ive-been-indoctrinated-and-so-have-you/

I think that the pot is calling the kettle black...


"Sidebar: Let me be very clear about one thing, I am not anti-gay nor am I here to judge homosexuals not worthy of their rightful and respectful place among society. However, I draw the line at the idea of redefining traditional marriage to include homosexual relationships, as equal. Meaning, that as a Christian, I believe that acting on same-sex attraction is contrary to God's will, and therefore SSM should not be legalized. Because I hold this value and voice it freely, does not mean that I am trying to force it on anyone - anymore than those who feel opposite and advocate for their position intend to force SSM on me, personally - both have the right [to freely advocate an oppositional position] and should not be demonized, regardless of where society takes us, as a whole."

Interesting disclaimer...notice that the author is the one who mentioned judging homosexuals unworthy of their rightful place in society. It is denied by the same person in the next sentence: "Meaning, that as a Christian, I believe that acting on same-sex attraction is contrary to God's will, and therefore SSM should not be legalized."

Contradictory much?

The summary which follows is something I disagree with. Elsa's power is representative of much more than just homosexuality. What about the child who is told to be an engineer but wants to do something else? (Like Farhan from 3 Idiots) What about someone who is told that their hobbies are useless, and that they must study something else in order to earn? The author sees a gay agenda because it is the one which threatens their belief or their faith the most. Frozen is a parallel for anyone who had to suppress themselves, not just homosexuals.

Even I had to conceal, don't feel, don't  let them know at school, at parties, at anything else I was forced to attend. My family made me feel guilty for hating these events, when it was their fault that I hated them.

I found this song inspiring and refreshing. The message that repressing negative emotions is horrible and doesn't do anything positive was definitely well-received.

"The words to "Let it Go" are clearly not Christian-values friendly, by any stretch of the imagination, when understood and heard. This is not an innocent song, with a catchy tune. It is rebellious. It mocks moral absolutes. It is careless. It is unaccountable. It is anti-obedience. It is regardless. It is selfish."

I knew there was a reason that I loved the song, but I hadn't really bothered to look that deeply into it.

"And if you still disagree, then by all means, feel free to show me how I've misinterpreted the lyrics."

No, the interpretation is spot on. For the author, it's the reason she disliked the song. For me, it's the reason I loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment